Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Bible in 90 Days is rapidly coming to an end!

It is hard to believe that our journey of reading the whole bible in 90 days is in its last leg. This week finishes the Old Testament and Prophets.  I've been thinking a lot about the God of the Old Testament and my mind has been changed during this journey. God is really patient. God really loves God's creation. God is a teacher. God worked really hard to establish a close personal relationship with a people who took a LONG time to learn!

So, what does that have to do with me? Am I really that stubborn or hard hearted or stiff-necked? Hummmm.... don't answer that! Am I willing to give my trust completely to God for the direction in my life? To trust God's percepts and make them part of my daily decision making and relationships? Do I get lazy because I know the full story (getting to that this week) of the saving grace of Christ? 

So, reading the bible has brought me to my knees again... time to take an inventory of my spiritual life... no more excuses... God is waiting for a response to God's incredible love. Isn't that what God wanted from the people of Israel and Judah? Listen! Hear! Understand! Trust!

Reading God's story is a good discipline for me. I have so much to learn. May the journey continue!

Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment