Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Do all good things have to come to an end?

This morning I am feeling a bit empty. I have been rambling around on the internet, answering my emails, following some blogs, even smiling at some friend's Facebook posts. The squirrel's persistence on the bird feeder is admirable but even he is not getting very far today. So what is bugging me? 

Why am I feeling empty? Life is good. John is making excellent progress on the powder room re-do. The medicines are finally kicking the "gunk" that has filled my sinus and lung cavities. I am physically feeling much better.

So what is missing?! Okay, so you guessed where I am going with this blog post but I wanted to give some evidence that my life is pretty complete, on the surface. Don't ask for specifics or I could be accused of bragging about family, friends, church!

But I am amazed with my personal feelings of emptiness as I have finished the discipline of reading the bible in 88 days. It did begin as just that, a discipline, something I had to schedule into each of my days in order not to fall behind. Somewhere along the way, and I am not really sure when, the discipline turned into anticipation. What would God have to say to me on this day?! I found that I couldn't wait to get into the readings.

I receive another blog on a daily basis that today had the title Begin Anew with the following scripture quote: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. (Lamentations 3:22-23) Yes! That's the answer for me. Begin anew... begin another venture in faith... carry on with the daily discipline of getting into scripture. Wrap the Word around my life so that I can begin anew each and every day I have been given. Here my prayer, O Lord!

1 comment:

  1. I felt much the same way about the 90 days reading "assignment." Assignment turned to anticipation. What will God say to me today. God was there waiting for me each day to show up for another lesson about my life in God's life. I, also, do not want to let that lesson go. I am using the same thought of "assignment" be my guide. I am reading Corinthians, at least a chapter a day, and asking God to show me what is the word for me today. It seems I am finding a "word" but it is not always what Paul was trying to say to his audience. My prayer is just, "Oh Lord, open my mind and my heart to your word."

    ReplyDelete